the Dusty Trail

this and that from here and there

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A Year of New Possibilities

Reading about a book called the Year of Yes on MSNBC the other day sort of hit me on a gut level. You see, I'm actively trying to bring more "adventure" into my life, and this seemed like an interesting adventure.

While I won't rehash the entire article here, its about a gal who lives in New York City who was fed up with the state of her dating life, so she decides to spend a year accepting (nearly) every date who asked her out. This was to counteract her own pickiness, which was leading to her unhappiness. I won't spoil the outcome here, but you can find out from the Newsweek link.

This jumped out at me, once again, because of the sense of adventure that it represented. It's something that I feel is going downhill in this country. To many are more concerned about defending their own little garden, sometimes to the overall detriment of that garden. In my own case, I pictured myself feeling like I had missed out on something. Since I'm at an age where I can do something about that, I decided that I should. I won't change the world, but at least I'll have some stories to tell.

The Year of Yes on Newsweek/MSNBC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home