the Dusty Trail

this and that from here and there

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Court rules "sampling" may violate piracy law

This story made me of the Metallica Hoax that came out in 2003. While I won't rehash the story here, I will say that in my opinion, the only reason it got any traction at all was because Lars Ulrich's previous courtroom adventures gave it just enough of a ring of truth that people (myself included) could believe it.

This article makes me wonder if we might see another story like this, only not a hoax. Rumors persist that Sean Combs/Puff Daddy/P Diddy/Whatever he's calling himself today has gone into hiding.

From MSNBC: MSNBC - Court rules "sampling" may violate piracy law

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger EdWonk said…

    Hey Kid. You got a nice little blog here. Mine is about politics, but a little different perspective.

    www.educationwonk.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home